Do I have to be a member to golf at Lake Forest?
No, we are a public golf course and everyone is welcome!
Are golf carts available?
Yes, golf carts are available. Golfers may share carts. Golf carts are sanitized before and following every use with a CDC approved bleach sanitizing solution.
What are the course protocols before, during, and after play?
We are continuously reviewing our protocols for our course to align with the Center for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) “social distancing” and sanitation practices, to ensure the safety of our guests and team members. We are following the recommendations of state government officials, National Golf Course Owners Association, Michigan Golf Course Association, and CDC in developing these guidelines:
Prior To Your Round:
- Before, during and after your round, maintain 6-feet social distancing at all times
- The clubhouse is open. Masks must be worn inside the clubhouse, and social distancing must be maintained. In the clubhouse you may:
- Purchase range balls and retail items from the pro shop.
- Purchase alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, snacks, hotdogs, and other items. Our grill menu is available Monday – Thursday 2:00 – 9:00 pm and Friday and Saturday 12:00 pm – 8:00 pm.
- Bathrooms are open.
- Other customer service needs.
- Tee times must be made and paid online prior to your arrival, by going to Tee Times on this site.
- We suggest adding a credit card to your customer profile for ease of future purchases. The pro shop attendant may facilitate that for you
- Driving range and practice greens are open. Practice greens will not have flags.
- Starter has scorecards available for your round.; we suggest using the Lake Forest Golf app for scoring, which can be downloaded here. The app also provides on-course, and on the range yardage, as well as a direct link to scheduling future tee times.
- No water stations on course
On The Course
- Carts can be shared with other golfers.
- We suggest marking your balls so that you may easily distinguish yours from your partners.
- No rakes in bunkers, please smooth your ball and foot marks as best you can
- No ball washers
- Cups have foam inserts, for easy ball retrieval. Please refrain from touching the flag sticks
- No water stations available on course
- Maintain 6-feet social distancing at all times
How do I make a tee time?
For tee time reservations, click on “Tee Times” on this site. All tee times and carts are easily paid on-line.
Can I use cash?
- Credit cards, debit cards, and gift card payments are preferred. We suggest adding a credit card to your customer profile for ease of future purchases. The pro shop attendant may facilitate that for you.
- You may easily purchase gift cards within the customer profile created to make your tee time. The gift cards are tied to your profile for future use.
What steps are being taken to ensure your staff is healthy?
All team members must perform a daily self-screening test following a CDC approved Question and Answer test, prior to reporting to work. If a team member does not pass the screening, they are not allowed to work. If team members are feeling ill, they will be sent home. We are continuing training on COVID-19 awareness and also advising of proper health etiquette, including limiting contact with their eyes, nose, and mouth, and hand hygiene. Staff is reminded that cleanliness starts with the simple act of proper hand hygiene. We are enforcing frequent handwashing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are unavailable and providing frequent breaks to wash stations and increased access to hand sanitizing stations.
Will I be required to wear a mask when entering the clubhouse?
We are doing our part to help keep virus numbers low.
- You are required to wear a mask in the clubhouse, by order of the Governor. Masks are not required on the golf course.
- While eating inside the clubhouse you may remove your mask once you are seated at a table.
Will golf staff be required to wear masks while working?
All team members who work indoors or in close contact with guests are required to wear masks while working. Face masks will be worn by food service staff during special events.
How are you cleaning and sanitizing the golf facilities?
We take standards for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously. On a daily basis, we are working to ensure we meet the latest guidance. We use cleaning products and protocols that are effective against a broad spectrum of viruses, including COVID-19:
- Public Spaces: We have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in public spaces to every two hours while operating with a focus on door handles, and public bathrooms. Sneeze guards have been added to the Pro Shop counter, and sanitizing stations have been added throughout our facilities.
- Golf Carts: Golf carts will be sanitized before and following every use with a CDC approved bleach sanitizing solution.
- Range balls: Range balls and baskets will be sanitized before and following every use with a CDC approved sanitizing solution.
- Back of House: In the spaces where team members work “behind the scenes,” we are increasing the frequency of cleaning and focusing on high-touch areas like entrances, break rooms and staff offices.
Will the Pro Shop be open?
- The Pro Shop is open. Masks must be worn inside the clubhouse, and social distancing must be maintained.
- Available in the Pro Shop
- Purchase range balls and retail items from the pro shop.
- Bathrooms are open
Will the restaurant be open?
- Our restaurant is open for dine-in and take out. Please stay and eat, while enjoying beautiful views of the golf course with friends and family!
- We have snacks, beverages, hot dogs, and sandwiches available anytime for purchase.
- Our full menu is available Monday – Thursday 2:00 – 9:00 pm and Friday and Saturday 12:00 pm – 8:00 pm.
- You can scan our QR code to download our menu to your smartphone.
- We will clean our menus after each use.
- Alcoholic beverages can be purchased at the bar or from an on-course beverage cart (when available). It is against the law to bring alcoholic beverages on property.
- We have ample indoor and outdoor seating. Tables have been set up in accordance with the social distancing guidelines. We ask that our guests not move tables or chairs so that we can maintain compliance.
- No social gatherings of groups larger than 100 people are allowed outside. Social distancing guidelines must be maintained at all times.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE MENU
Where do I go to check-in for my round?
Please see an outside golf services attendant once you arrive at the golf course. Someone will be stationed near the front putting green. If the attendant is not there, please check-in at the Pro Shop.
How do I get a scorecard?
Scorecards are available from the outside golf services attendant or inside the clubhouse. Additionally, you can download and use the Lake Forest App to keep score.
What is your tee time cancellation policy?
All guests are responsible for their reserved and paid tee times. You may change your tee time by logging back into your customer profile. You may also call the pro shop to cancel or move your tee time. A gift card will be issued for all canceled tee times. There are no refunds, rain-checks, gift cards issued for “no-shows” or for tee times canceled less than 24 hours in advance.
Is the driving range open?
- The driving range, chipping greens and practice greens are open. The putting greens will not have flags in. Social distancing must be maintained.
- Buckets are paid for at Pro Shop and are self-serve. Buckets and balls are sanitized.
Are you offering golf instruction?
Yes – you may schedule your lesson by contacting Doug White at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Junior Golf Programs are available throughout the summer.
Is club rental available?
Club rental is available on a first-come, first-serve basis at the Pro Shop.
Do you have pull carts available?
Pull carts are available to rent on a first-come, first-serve basis at the Pro Shop.
Are restrooms open on the course?
The restrooms on the course and clubhouse are open and available for your use. The restrooms will be cleaned frequently.
Are water stations available on the course?
Water stations are not open on the course at this time. Please plan to bring your own water for hydration.
Should I use a rake?
All rakes have been removed from the golf courses. Please smooth your ball and foot marks best you can.
How do I make a golf outing reservation?
Please call our Event Planner at 734-994-8580, ext. 4 for more information.
- We can host outings and events. Our capacity for indoor events is 80 people. We have seating for 90 people on our deck and patio.
- Food can be served from a buffet by Lake Forest service staff. There are no self-serve buffets at this time.
- For special events, dancing is not permitted at this time.